28/02/19

There's planets in my palms, if you get bored of my skin









I know you're weary and I've worn you out
But you can rest your mind here and take your trainers off and... I apologize
I should have approached this differently
We said we'd be honest with each other so I guess
You make me feel like the unrequited lover
I don't wanna follow you around until you find the truth
But I'd rather not kiss every stranger until I find you
Can't you just appear in my hands and I'll carry you instead?
There's planets in my palms, if you get bored of my skin
I mean you change with the moon. Habitual rituals
Your smiling and light is my only residual
The first time we met, did you go home and think of me too?
Our silence settles strangely now and self consciousness is heavy
I know. People overthink things. Women wreak havoc. Men implode
But don't trouble yourself with my opinions
Just remember me in the morning and carry me home

Jorja Smith - Carry Me Home (Interlude)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário