14/03/19

You don't know




fevereiro 2019




   I was walking into the forest with my grandmother one morning. It was so beautiful and peaceful. I was only four years old, a tiny little one. And I saw something very strange - a straight line across the road. I was so curious that I went over to it; I just wanted to touch it. Then my grandmother screamed, so loud. I remember it so strongly. It was a huge snake.
   That was the first moment in my life that I really felt fear - but I had no idea what I should be afraid of. Actually, it was my grandmother's voice that frightened me. And then the snake slithered away, fast. 
   It is incredible how fear is built into you, by your parents and others surrounding you. You're so innocent in the beginning; you don't know.

Marina Abramovic in Walk Through Walls

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário